Grammy-winning artist John Legend has announced dates for his 2014 North American tour, and Charlotte is on the list, along with South Carolina stops in Columbia, Greenville and North Charleston.
Legend will hit the Queen City on Sunday, April 13, at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Centers Belk Theater. He will be in Greenville April 12, North Charleston April 15, and Columbia April 16.
The nine-time Grammy winner will kick off his An Evening with John Legend: The All of Me Tour on March 20 in Temecula, Calif.
According to a press release, the concert will feature Legend in an intimate and acoustic setting, highlighted by guitar/vocal accompaniment as well as a string quartet.
Tickets go on sale for the general public on Friday, Jan. 31, and Saturday, Feb. 1, depending on the show. For Citi cardmembers, ticket sales begin Tuesday, Jan. 28, at 10 p.m.
Visit johnlegend.com for an event schedule and purchase information.
The tour comes in support of Legends fourth studio album, Love In the Future, which is currently at No. 10 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.