Posted: Friday, Jan. 24, 2014
This European-style chocolate shop in uptowns 7th Street market is brimming with decadent cocoa-phile creations. The salted caramel bon-bons are crowd favorite, while the ghost chili versions offer a spicy-meet-sweet kick. For a local twist on these hand crafted confections, try the Bee Pollen Pralines made with pollen from Berrys Apiary in Indian Trail. www.barchocolateclt.competit philippe
At this sleek Myers Park wine and chocolate tasting room, theres something to tempt you on every shelf. From bold pinot noirs and ports to rich chocolates by pastry chef Casey Hickey, the shop is perfect for satisfying a luxury palate. And if flavors like crème brulee and strawberry balsamic werent tempting enough, these chocolates feature intricateand gorgeousdesigns. www.petitphilippe.comThe Secret Chocolatier
This family of chocolate makers launched their candies in 2008 at local farmers markets and has since grown to two local shops. All of their treats are tasty, but for an exotic twist for your sweet tooth, try the tea truffles. In flavors like jasmine green tea and chai tea, these luxe and creamy offerings the ultimate indulgence. www.thesecretchocolatier.com
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.