I refuse to pay more than 75 cents for toothpaste. This health and beauty essential is one of the easiest items to save on, and it has more uses than just giving you a sparkling smile.
How to never pay too much again for toothpaste:
• There are always toothpaste coupons in the Sunday ads.
• Visit those manufacturers’ Facebook pages.
• Ask your dentist for coupons.
• Use multiple coupons when toothpaste is on sale and stock up.
• Stack your savings by looking for store coupons on such sites as Target.com and at the CVS coupon kiosk.
• Buy toothpaste when it is on sale and earn bonus points on your CVS or Rite Aid reward cards.
Here are some clever ways to make the most of your next tube. Most of these uses work best with a paste rather than the gel.
• Remove crayon from painted walls.
• Revive scuffed tennis shoes.
• Clean your iron.
• Bring back the shine to your jewelry (do not use on pearls).
• Begin to heal a blemish by applying overnight.
• Make your car headlights brighter by removing the haze.
• Fill in small holes and allow to dry, then paint.
• Remove strong odors from your hands.
• Rub out water stains from coffee tables.
Reach Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less