For heaven’s sake folks, it’s winter, it’s cold, it’s snow. It’s not Armageddon!
We survived The Great Dusting of 2014!
President Obama wants to “help the poor.” Teachers, there’s hope!
Lame. Duck. Quacking.
A private citizen who helps the poor is a saint, but a president who does it is a socialist?
I can’t find anything about a pen or phone in the Constitution.
The polarization vortex in D.C. must end.
The politician’s creed: After all is said and done, much is said and little is done.
I am acing Climate Change at GOP Community College where the only criteria for a good grade is to bury my head in the sand.
Followers of Christ are Christians. Elevators take people for rides.
Thank you Mr. Moynihan, but it’s “uptown,” and if you think we need it “revived” you’re obviously spending too much time in Boston!
Hardest big city to climb out of poverty in? Someone should’ve told Felix Sabates.
When it comes to hosting political conventions, Charlotte appears to be a one-hit wonder!
Join the buzz
To add your voice to The Buzz, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.