Consumers who need help enrolling in health insurance under the Affordable Care Act can get face-to-face help from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Children & Family Services Center, 601 E. Fifth St., Charlotte.
The event is sponsored by MedLink of Mecklenburg in partnership with Get Covered America, Legal Services of the Southern Piedmont, North Carolina MedAssist, C.W. Williams Community Health Center, the Mecklenburg County Health Department, Charlotte Community Health Clinic and Care Ring. Certified navigators will be available to help people apply for coverage through the federal health insurance marketplace at www.healthcare.gov.
To schedule an appointment, call 855-733-3711. Walk-ins will also be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants should bring their Social Security numbers and proof of household income.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.