Carbon monoxide has been ruled out as a cause of death for a couple whose bodies were discovered Feb. 7 in their home on Mount Holly-Huntersville Road, an investigator with the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner’s Office said Monday.
Expedited tests for the presence of carbon monoxide in the bodies of Travis Edwards, 22, and his wife, Ashley Erin Edwards, 20, found no elevated levels of the gas, investigator Eric Wheeler said.
Toxicological tests for the presence of alcohol and other substances will take 60 to 90 days, Wheeler said.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have said they don’t suspect foul play but are awaiting the results of the toxicology tests.
The couple lived in a brick ranch home in the 5700 block of Mount Holly-Huntersville Road, about a mile east of Brookshire Boulevard.
The couple loved spending time with their daughter, Holli, and family nights with movies and pizza, according to their funeral notice published in the Observer.
Travis Edwards worked for a construction company and loved fishing, four-wheeling, hunting and hanging out in the outdoors with his pit bull, Diamond, according to his obituary.
Ashley Erin Edwards was a hairstylist at Sport Clips and loved anything to do with cosmetology and changing her friends’ hair color, according to the obituary. It also said she enjoyed singing, dancing and four-wheeling.
Their funeral was Saturday. They were buried at Northlake Memorial Gardens in Huntersville.
Marusak: 704-358-5067; Twitter: @jmarusak
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less