Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

2 displaced after laundry room fire at Rock Hill home

By Rachel Southmayd
rsouthmayd@heraldonline.com

A fire at a home in Rock Hill early Wednesday morning has left two people displaced, according to Battalion Chief Rusty Myers.

The fire was started by a gas dryer in the laundry room of a home on Country Club Drive, Myers said.

No one was injured, but the fire did cause about $35,000 in damages.

Rachel Southmayd •  803-329-4072
Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases