Apple and spinach smoothie
Posted: Wednesday, Mar. 05, 2014
Smoothies are a refreshing, easy way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies. Another plus? You can make them at home! Chef Mike Coppola from Healthy Home Market has a smoothie recipe with a twist that will make you feel healthier with just one sip.
A blender and a juicer
3 cups organic baby spinach
Thumb-size piece of organic ginger
1 small organic fennel bulb
2 organic cucumbers
2 ribs of organic celery
2 organic Granny Smith apples
2 cups of frozen organic pineapple chunks
For best results, start by putting your spinach in the bottom of your blender and juice remaining ingredients, except the pineapple, directly into you blender vessel. If your juicer doesn't dispense with a side nozzle, just juice the vegetables in small amounts and then add to your blender.
Blend your juice and spinach together for about 30 seconds, or until the spinach is broken down to a fine consistency. Once combined, pour your spinach/veggie juice slowly back through your juicer. Now place your pineapple in the bottom of your blender and add your juice content until it covers the pineapple by about an inch. Blend for about 45 seconds or until desired consistency.
For more information and Davidson store hours visit: www.hemarket.com
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.