A man remained in critical condition Sunday after an early morning shooting in a Marshville club.
The victim was one of two men shot shortly before 2 a.m. at the Union Grill at 6011 W. Marshville Blvd. Their identities have not been released.
According to Marshville Police Chief Carl Webber, the men were among 150 people attending a birthday party. Police responding to a call found a 30-year-old Monroe man suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. He was taken to Carolinas Medical Center and was listed in critical condition later Sunday.
The second victim was a 21-year-old Polkton man who had a gunshot wound to the hand. He was treated and released.
Webber said police believe one of the victims was the shooter, though no weapons were found.
“That’s why we’re really reaching out to folks to come forward with information,” he said. “We have a lot of folks we’d like to talk to.”
Anybody with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-283-5600.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.