Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say they don’t believe foul play was involved in the death of a man whose was found Tuesday afternoon off Albemarle Road.
Police say officers were flagged down about 1 p.m. by a person who discovered “an unresponsive male” in the woods in the 8800 block of Albemarle Road. That is in east Charlotte, near Harrisburg Road.
Officer Keith Trietley, a spokesman for CMPD, said investigators are looking for possible witnesses. He said police are working to contact the victim’s relatives, so the man’s name has not been released.
Police ask that anyone who might have information about the man or might have seen something unusual in the area call detectives at 704-432-TIPS. Information also can be left with Crime Stoppers, at 704-334-1600 or http://charlottecrimestoppers.com.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.