Bobcats at Thunder
7 p.m., Chesapeake Energy Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
| Bobcats|| Thunder|
| Pos, Player|| Ppg|| Rpg|| Pos, Player|| Ppg|| Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||18.3||4.4||G, R. Westbrook||20.9||5.7|
|G, G. Henderson||14.7||4.1||G, TBD|
|F, M. Kidd-Gilchrist||7.7||5.1||F, K. Durant||31.6||7.7|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.3||5.1||F, S. Ibaka||15.1||8.8|
|C, A. Jefferson||20.5||10.4||C, S. Adams||3.3||4.2|
Kevin Durant vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist: MKG always says he thrives on a defensive challenge. There is no greater challenge in the NBA than trying to contain Durant, a strong candidate for league most valuable player.
• The Bobcats played quite well in their previous meeting with the Thunder this season, losing by four at home in late December.
• Durant’s greatness is overcoming some pretty significant injuries. They just got back point guard Russell Westbrook and are now missing center Kendrick Perkins.
• The Bobcats traded for Gary Neal to add a scorer/shooter, and he delivered in his first game, scoring 15 points on 6-of-13 shooting Friday against the San Antonio Spurs.
• Thunder shooting guard Thabo Sefolosha is out tonight with a left calf injury.
Durant has 35 games this season with 30 or more points.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.