• I asked Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford after Fridays game how he thought new point guard Luke Ridnour was doing. Clifford said he thought Ridnour was rusty from inactivity as a Milwaukee Buck. Presumably if thats so, his play will pick up. For now, hes struggling to create shots for teammates.
• It seems odd that this was the last road game this season against a Western Conference opponent. Hopefully thats helpful to the Bobcats, as far as wearing travel the rest of the season.
• Chris Douglas-Roberts has played well in these fill-in starts, certainly well enough that he should have earned steady minutes off the bench once Gerald Henderson is back from a calf strain. Henderson was well enough to put up some shots before Saturdays game.
• Speaking of rehab, Jeff Taylor out for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon is traveling with the team and has been cleared to do some shooting.
• Creative thinking by Josh McRoberts when he was trapped in the third quarter to launch the ball at the backboard, grab in his own miss and put it back for a layup.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less