Save Money in this Sunday's paper

Charlotte man sentenced to life in prison for 2012 murders

G4F1TGATH.3
Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office -
Jacquece Forrest

A Charlotte man was sentenced to life in prison Friday for the October 2012 murders of his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend.

Jacquece Artavion Forrest, 29, pleaded guilty to two counts of first-degree murder in the shootings of Jennifer Smith, 25, and Luc Gonzales, 24.

Police had responded to Smith’s Malibu Drive home when she called 911 and said that Forrest was outside and had threatened to break in, prosecutors said.

Police searched the area but did not find him.

Hours later, police stopped Forrest for speeding and he jumped from the vehicle and ran to an apartment, prosecutors said.

Forrest turned himself in to police a short time later and was taken to the hospital due to his erratic behavior.

Forrest told a nurse that he’d shot his ex-girlfriend, according to prosecutors.

Police found Smith and Gonzalez dead in Smith’s home. They had been fatally shot with a shotgun while the young child Smith and Forrest had together was inside the home, prosecutors said.

Superior Court Judge Forrest Bridges sentenced Forrest to two consecutive sentences of life in prison without parole, prosecutors said.

Trenda: 704-358-5089; Twitter: @htrenda
Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK
Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More
CharlotteObserver.com