TEGA CAY A Fort Mill man sitting down to eat at a Tega Cay Taco Bell told police a man upset that he did not say excuse me after belching hit him with a chair, wrapped his hands around his throat and tried to head butt him inside the restaurant on Sunday.
Police responded to the Taco Bell on West S.C. 160 at about 4:30 p.m. after a man, 20, reported that he had been assaulted inside the restaurant, according to a Tega Cay police report. The victim told police he and his friend had been sitting in a booth eating when a man sitting with a woman asked the victim if he just belched without saying excuse me.
The man then walked over to where the victim was sitting, picked up a chair and hit the victim on the left elbow with it, the report states. The victim told police the man grabbed his throat and tried to head butt him. A restaurant employee went up to the assailant and told him he had to leave the premises, the report states.
The man walked out of Taco Bell and got into a white truck, possibly a pickup, the report states. The victim suffered a minor cut on his elbow along with redness around his throat. No one inside the restaurant was able to get the pickups license plate number. The restaurants manager told police he was unsure if the surveillance cameras recorded the incident.
Police have not made any arrests and the suspect is still unknown. The victim declined to comment on Monday.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.