• The Bobcats missed their first two shots Saturday, then made 11 in a row. Not sure when that last happened, but I bet its been a while.
• Robin Lopez a solid post defender, looked utterly baffled in the first quarter trying to counter Al Jeffersons moves and ball fakes. Havent seen someone that flustered against Big Al since Alexis Ajinca showed up with the New Orleans Pelicans.
• There was a Zumba demonstration at halftime, which went a bit longer than the players probably wanted. Luke Ridnour started dribbling around the fringes of several hundred women dancing. Took until about 3 1/2 minutes before the third quarter for all the dancers to clear the court.
• It was an odd first half for starting small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He got off to a fast start, making three of four shots, but only played 5 1/2 minutes.
• Speaking of Kidd-Gilchrist, he had a fourth-quarter tomahawk dunk that had everyone oohing
• Rufus and Co.: Stop exhorting fans to get into the wave. Its over. (Or it should be.)
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less