Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

Concord triple shooting survivor charged with insurance fraud

By Steve Lyttle

The man who survived a triple shooting last July in Concord has been charged with insurance fraud, state officials say.

Timothy Crumitie, 48, of Concord, was charged Saturday with two counts of insurance fraud, according to the N.C. Department of Insurance. He was jailed under $75,000 bond.

Department of Insurance investigators allege that Crumitie filed fraudulent physician statement forms, in connection with a disability claim related to last year’s shootings.

Crumitie’s wife, Sharon, and James Blanks were killed at the Crumities’ home. Timothy Crumitie was wounded. Police said that Crumitie told them that Blanks shot both him and his wife. Steve Lyttle

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More
CharlotteObserver.com