• That was a classy gesture by the Magic to flash a scoreboard thank-you to Steve Clifford, Patrick Ewing and Josh McRoberts for past service in Orlando. You dont see that so often in the NBA.
• The Magic seemed in disbelief that McRoberts could make a 3; it made no effort to guard him outside the arc. Maybe he never made one in practice the time he spent in Central Florida?
• As much attention as McRoberts gets for his passing and thats justified center Al Jefferson is pretty effective, too. Hes become quite adept at feeding Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on diagonal cuts to the rim.
• Reserve shooting guard Gary Neal missed his second straight game, resting ankle and knee injuries. Clifford wants to treat these injuries conservatively get Neal as close as possible to 100 percent but its possible Neal will practice Sunday and play Monday vs. the Washington Wizards.
He felt well enough to participate some at shootaround Friday, which Clifford saw as a promising sign.
• Considering what a dreadful season the Magic is having, home attendance has held up better than Id expect.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less