Game Thrones (9pm, HBO) - Game of Thrones returns for its fourth season, with Tyrion welcoming a surprise guest to Kings Landing for the royal wedding, but fearing hes come to the Red Keep for something else. Meanwhile, Jon warns his skeptical Nights Watch superiors about an impending attack, and Jaime struggles to rebain his status at home.
Also on tonight . . .
Academy of Country Music Awards (8pm, CBS) - Blake Shelton and Luke Bryan host from Vegas. Scheduled to perform are Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, Lady Antebellum with Stevie Nicks, Keith Urban and others.
Shameless (9pm, Showtime) - Shameless ends its season tonight with Sheila fighting for custody of the Native American kids and clashing with Sammi over where theyll live once Frank is released.
Silicon Valley (10pm, HBO) - The debut of a new comedy about computer whizzes at a tech company in California who hope their ideas will be the next big thing.
House of Lies (10pm, Showtime) - In the House of Lies season finale, Marty gets rocked when Kaan and Associates is smacked a serious legal blow -- which Jeannie fears she is responsible for.
Revenge (10pm, ABC) - Pascals family secrets are unearthed by Emily and Aiden, while Victoria reconnects with Mason Treadwell and inches closer to discovering the truth about Emily.
Veep (10:30pm, HBO) - Veep begins its third season with Selina in Iowa to promote her new book and meet possible caucus voters.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.