• The biggest cheer from this Cleveland crowd might have been for a Charlotte Bobcats assistant coach. During a stoppage of play the Cavs showed Mark Prices retired No. 25 jersey then flashed to Price on the Bobcats bench. The crowd went nuts for one of the franchises all-time best players and Price acknowledged the response with a quick wave.
• Bobcats rookie Cody Zeller stripped big brother Tyler Zeller at the rim in the first half. Im thinking that will be brought up once or twice this summer.
• Cavs coach Mike Brown said pre-game the thing he finds most impressive about the Bobcats is what consistent performances Steve Clifford gets from his players over all four quarters. Brown said he doesnt typically get that from his team for more than 35 minutes a night.
• You know those fan guidelines the NBA has each home team recite before the start of each half? The Cavs have a cat on the scoreboard, seemingly mouthing the words. Pretty strange-looking.
• I dont know whats become of Luol Deng. The former Duke star started 1-of-6 from the field and didnt seem a part of the Cavs offense in the first half.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less