A Lenoir man was charged with felony drug counts after authorities found crack cocaine and marijuana in his apartment directly across the street from William Lenoir Middle School.
Joshua Samuel Wright, 24, of 323 Harrington St., Apt. A-2, was charged late Wednesday with one count each of felony trafficking in cocaine by possession, felony trafficking in cocaine by manufacture, felony possession with intent to manufacture and sell and deliver a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a school, felony manufacture cocaine, felony maintaining a dwelling for use, storage or sale of controlled substances and one count of misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
The crack cocaine, as determined by state guidelines, was valued at $9,360, police said.
Wright was jailed under a $9,500 secured bond and has a first court appearance on Monday. His arrest followed a four-month investigation, Lenoir Police Chief R. Scott Brown said.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.