Greg Brannon’s resume
Position desired: U.S. senator.
• Put America’s currency back on the gold standard. “In the Constitution it says it must be backed by gold and silver.”
• Close the Federal Reserve.
• Sell federal land back to the states so each can decide how it could be used by private entrepreneurs for producing oil, gas and coal.
• Let the free markets dictate health care costs.
• Allow citizenship only for immigrants who go through the process legally.
Experience: OB/GYN residency at Los Angeles County/USC Women’s Hospital in 1992; clinical professor at UNC/Wake Area Health Education Center from June 1993-October 1993. Currently self-employed/owner of Brannon OB/GYN in Cary and medical director of two pregnancy support groups, Hand of Hope Pregnancy Support Center in Fuquay-Varina and Gateway in Raleigh.
Affiliations: Tea party activist/speaker since 2009. Founding family at Cary Christian Academy.
Education: Bachelor’s in biological science from the University of Southern California in 1982; medical degree from Chicago Medical School in 1988.
Money raised: $1,179,276 as of Sunday.
References: Endorsed by Sens. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Rand Paul, R-Ky.; FreedomWorks; Tea Party Patriots; Gun Owners of America and National Association for Gun Rights.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less