• You think D.J. Augustin enjoys scoring on the Bobcats? He definitely left Charlotte with hard feelings toward the team that drafted him. His comeback has been something else with the Chicago Bulls.
• Owner Michael Jordan was sitting next to the Bobcats bench Wednesday. I asked him about having twins; he smiled and said, “Been busy.”
• Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau told a funny story before the game about his longtime friend Steve Clifford. The now-Bobcats coach started his NBA career as the New York Knicks’ advance scout. Problem: Clifford was terrible with the computer, filing reports. Did he get any better? “He had to,” Thibodeau said, “or we all would have been fired.”
• Al Jefferson might be the best offensive weapon in Bobcats history, but you still don’t want him ending up with the ball outside the 3-point line at the end of a shot clock.
• Joakim Noah is many fine things on a basketball court. Form shooter is not among them. He didn’t just air-ball a 17-foot jump shot in the third quarter, he missed by a foot short.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less