Orphan Black (9pm, BBC America) - The really excellent second season begins with Sarah searching for her missing daughter and suspecting that ruthless pro-clone Rachel is behind the disappearance. Meanwhile, Alison attends the funeral of her fallen friend, Aynsley, which causes Alison to sink into despair.
Also on tonight . . .
A Day Late and a Dollar Short (8pm, Lifetime) - In this Lifetime movie, a mother who learns that her next asthma attack may kill her sets off to mend her dysfunctional family before she leaves this world -- whether they want to be mended or not.
A Lesson in Romance (9pm, Hallmark) - Another movie about a mom, but this one is asthma-free (we think). We do know that she has empty-nest syndrome, so she follows her kids and husband to college so they can grow closer as family. (So apparently instead of being on the verge of death, this mother is simply deranged.)
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.