Two men identified as suspects in last Wednesday’s robbery of a bank in Hickory were captured late last week in Georgia and have been accused of a bank robbery there, too.
Kevin Mitchell Abrams, 27, and his brother Edward Earl Abrams Sr., 38, were taken into custody Friday by police in Newnan, Ga., about 30 miles southwest of Atlanta. Police there said the two were wanted in connection with a robbery in Columbia County, Ga.
They have been charged in Georgia with armed robbery, possession of a firearm by a felon and kidnapping. The two suspects are being held without bond in Georgia.
Hickory police also have warrants against the two for common-law robbery.
The Hickory charges stem from the robbery at Community One Bank on 12th Avenue NE. No injuries were reported in the Hickory robbery.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.