A Union County man was arrested Wednesday and accused of crawling into the wall of his home and peeping at a woman in the shower.
The Union County Sheriff’s Office said Jaime Taledano Hernandez, 40, was arrested Wednesday morning at an address on East Independence Boulevard in Stallings. He was charged with secretly peeping and jailed under $1,000 bond.
But deputies said the alleged offense took place at Hernandez’s residence on Willoughby Road. That is between Potter Road South and Weddington Road, about 2 miles southeast of Wesley Chapel.
Investigators allege that Hernandez used a hole under his mobile home to climb into the wall and look at the woman taking a shower. A neighbor contacted authorities after allegedly seeing Hernandez crawling under the mobile home Monday evening.
Deputies did not give information on the victim, but WCNC-TV reported that it was a 19-year-old woman.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.