You know those hand-under-the-boat selfies that people take at the beach to make it look like they’ve got a watercraft in the palm of their hand?
That’s the look Charlotte Haberyan was going for when she snapped this photo of her husband, Karl, “holding” Sunrose, one of his three pet cows. They’re on the property of Providence Nursery Farms, Karl Haberyan’s Monroe-based business specializing in plant sales and landscaping.
“I was using my iPod touch. It was hard to see because of the glare,” Charlotte Haberyan explains.
“(I said) ‘Just hold your hand up and maybe we’ll get lucky.’ ”
For striking the perfect pose, we’re sending the Haberyans a $10 gift card to Brixx Pizza.
Send us your selfie and you can win a gift card, too. Use your mobile device to take candid photos of yourselves at work in your business, showing off what you do in your environment. You can ask someone to take photos of you at work, too, but we don’t want professional shots. We’re looking for candids that capture the “selfie” spirit.
Go to charlotteobserver.com/shoptalk to upload your photos. The best photos will run here each week.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.