Goodwill Industries and Habitat Metrolina ReStores will hold a joint Super Spring Sweep donation drive from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday (May 17) at nine locations around the region.
Visitors can donate electronics such as computers, gaming systems and old cellphones to Goodwill; household items such as decor and furniture will go to Habitat ReStores.
ReStore locations normally don’t take computer and tech equipment, but Goodwill will have truck/storage containers at participating sites to accept electronic equipment. Details: www.metrolinarestores.org. Hilary Trenda
Electronic donations – and any data still contained on them – will be kept secure until they can be cleared at an electronics processing center.
Fox 46 Carolinas and Terri Bennet, founder of Do Your Part, will also be at select ReStore locations, offering green tips and giving away copies of “Do Your Part: A Practical Guide to Every Day Green Living” to the first 50 donors at those locations.
Donations can be made at:
• Habitat for Humanity of Gaston County ReStore, 1840 E. Franklin Blvd., Gastonia.
• Habitat for Humanity of York County ReStore, 825 N. Anderson Road, Rock Hill, S.C.
• Charlotte Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 1133 N. Wendover Road, Charlotte.
• Our Towns Habitat for Humanity Restore, 20414 N. Main St., Cornelius.
• Our Towns Habitat for Humanity Restore, 121 Norman Station Blvd., Mooresville.
• Habitat for Humanity of Cabarrus County ReStore, 2902 S. Cannon Blvd. Kannapolis.
• Habitat for Humanity of Iredell County ReStore, 1382 Shelton Ave., Statesville.
• Habitat for Humanity of Catawba County ReStore, 772 Fourth St. SW, Hickory.
• Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County ReStore, 809 E. Sycamore St. Lincolnton.
To follow and post on social media, use #donatecarolinas. Additional details: www.metrolinarestores.org.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less