10 Tips for Flawless Wedding Day Lashes
By Samantha Alexander | Photography by Crystal Stokes Photography
Posted: Friday, May. 16, 2014
Nothing completes a bridal beauty look quite like a pair of luscious, show stopping eyelashes. Get your lashes wedding day ready with these helpful tips:1. To make your lashes appear fuller, apply a special base coat or lash primer before applying your mascara.
2. Give yourself a wide-eyed look by only applying mascara to your top lashes.
3. For a fuller more dramatic look, go with the color blackest black when choosing mascara. Go with black-brown for a more natural effect.
4. Curl your lashes with a good eyelash curler before applying your mascara.
5. For your wedding, opt for waterproof mascara to avoid smudging throughout the day.
6. Make sure you toss out your mascaras every three months to avoid bacteria growth. You want your eyes in tip top shape on your big day.
7. When applying your mascara, start at the base and wiggle the wand as you coat your lashes from root to tip.
8. Leading up to your nuptials, condition your lashes. You can buy a lash conditioner at the drugstore or use olive oil for a natural option. Its best to apply it before bed.
9. Looking for more drama? Be sure to let the first coat of mascara dry completely before applying a second coat to avoid clumping.
10. If you choose to wear fake lashes, make sure to apply your mascara after applying the lashes.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less