Just in Time
By Cristina Wilson | Photography by Lindsey Lee Photography
Posted: Wednesday, May. 21, 2014
Nine to 12 months
- Announce your engagement.
- Select your wedding date.
- Meet with clergy to discuss premarital requirements such as classes, counseling, etc.
- Create a budget.
- Determine your style of wedding.
- Choose a bridal consultant, if desired.
- Select your bridal party.
- Determine size of guest list.
- Select and reserve locations for wedding and reception.
- Begin shopping for wedding rings.
- Interview and select professionals: caterer, baker, florist, musicians, photographer, videographer, etc. Remember, top professionals are often booked at least one year in advance.
Six to nine months
- Decide on your color scheme
- Select your gown, headpiece, and accessories.
- Choose attire for attendants.
- Begin planning details of ceremony and reception
- Complete arrangements with service professionals. Sign contracts and pay deposits.
- Begin your health and beauty regimen.
- Make appointments with beauty professionals to decide on the perfect bridal look for you.
Four to six months
- Order invitations, announcements, thank-you notes and stationary.
- Finalize guest list.
- See that all wedding attire is ordered and fittings are scheduled.
- Mothers should select their dresses.
- Select and order wedding rings
- Shop for trousseau.
- Select bridal registry.
- Arrange accomodations for out-of-town guests.
- Make honeymoon arrangements.
- Begin addressing invitations and announcements.
- Have a hair and makeup "rehearsal" with headpiece in place.
- Mail or email save-the-dates.
Two to four months
- Sit for formal portrait
- Plan bridesmaids' luncheon.
- Plan rehearsal dinner.
- Order wedding cake and groom's cake.
- Review details and scheduling with each service professional.
- Review details with service professionals
- Review ceremony with clergy.
- Schedule rehearsal.
- Make health and beauty appointments.
- Select gifts for parents, groom, attendants and others (soloist, consultant, etc.).
- Purchase accessories such as toasting goblets, ring bearer's pillow, garter, cake knife, etc.
- Complete trousseau shopping. <
- Record gifts as they arrive and send thank-you notes.
- Review final details with service professionals (florist, baker, photographer, musicians, and any others).
- Give caterer final guest count.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations and finish packing.
- Confirm rehearsal dinner plans.
- Ask someone to help you with last minute-details.
Day before wedding
- Visit with out-of-town guests.
- Gather everything you will need for the wedding.
- Share a quiet moment with your fiance.
- Attend rehearsal dinner.
- Get a good night's sleep!
The wedding day
- Allow yourself a moment alone to relax.
- Be pampered: have hair and makeup done.
- Enjoy this beautiful day!
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less