An Albemarle couple was arrested and charged Wednesday with operating a methamphetamine lab in a home on Ash Road in Stanly County.
Bryan Richard Morris, 25, and his wife, Katherine Elizabeth Morris, 23, were charged with felony possessing and distributing methamphetamine precursor, felony manufacturing methamphetamine and misdemeanor maintaining a vehicle/dwelling place for a controlled substance.
The Morrises were jailed without bond and are scheduled to appear in Stanly County District Court on June 3.
Responding to an anonymous tip of a strong odor coming from a home in the 25200 block of Ash Road, sheriffs investigators saw a vehicle with its hood up and power cords running into the front window of the home.
Investigators smelled a strong chemical coming from inside the home and saw what appeared to be a meth lab in the front bedroom.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.