Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

Electrical fire at Hall House displaces residents

An electrical fire early Sunday forced the temporary displacement of one or two residents at Hall House, a 12-story building on North Tryon Street that houses elderly and disabled people.

No one was injured, said Charlotte Fire Department Deputy Chief Rich Granger.

But the 3:30 a.m. fire caused about $30,000 worth of damage, mostly from smoke, Granger said.

The Charlotte Housing Authority manages the building. Ames Alexander

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More
CharlotteObserver.com