The Blue Parrot Grill in Mooresville offers a scenic view of Lake Norman.
PHOTOS BY RICHARD RUDISILL
SHOT FOR LAKE NORMAN MAGAZINE
Posted: Monday, Jun. 09, 2014
The Landing Restaurant
Pull up a stool at this spots playful tiki bar and one of its daily drink specials like $13.50 buckets of beer on Wednesdays or $4 Bloody Marys on Sundays. 4491 Slanting Bridge Rd., Sherrills Ford, 828-478-5944, www.landingatthelake.comThe Rusty Rudder
One of the lakes most laid backand favorite destinationshere you can sit on the deck where youll find live music many nights. 20210 Henderson Rd., Cornelius, 704-892-9195, www.therustyrudder.comNorth Harbor Club
Lake Normans swankier answer to waterside dining, this spot offers upscale bites and drinks. Try one of the Docktails like the spicy-meets-sweet Ginger Caipirinha on the lakefront patio. 100-D North Harbor Place, Davidson, 704-896-5559, < href="http://www.northharborclub.com" target="blank"> www.northharborclub.comEddies Seafood and Raw Bar
Step 1: Grab a cold brew on draft. Step 2: Order a raw bar option like jumbo shrimp or crab legs. Step 3: Settle in on the sunny deck for the perfect evening on the lake. 643 Williamson Rd., Mooresville, 704-799-2090, www.eddiesrawbar.comBlue Parrot
Come in on your boat and stay in your bathing suit on this casual waterfront deck where you can enjoy bites and beers at the bar or under an umbrella. 169 Pinnacle Ln., Mooresville, 704-663-1203, www.lknblueparrot.com
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.