Chasing Life (9pm, ABC Family) - In the series premiere of this drama about an ambitious young reporter who wont give up on her dreams, April ( Italia Ricci) gets a chance to impress her boss and her office romance begins to prosper (lets hope these two plot elements are unrelated, but given Hollywoods track record of portraying female reporters, Im not overly confident...). But heres the kicker: just when all these other things are going great, April gets the news that she has cancer.
Also on tonight . . .
Pretty Little Liars (8pm, ABC Family) - In the Season 5 opener, a wounded Ezra heads the hospital, where Aria stays by his side because his knowledge about A puts him in additional peril.
Royal Pains (9pm, USA) - Evan is scheming to keep Hank in town in the Season 6 premiere, while Divya tries her hand at motherhood.
Fargo (10pm, FX) - In the seasons penultimate episode, Lester has an unexpected encounter and Malvo changes course.
Night Shift (10pm, NBC) - TC and Paul race to the chaotic scene of an after-dark hog-hunting event that has gone nightmarishly wrong.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.