Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

Employees out of hospital after Charlotte fumes incident

Seven employees overcome by fumes Monday afternoon at a west Charlotte company were released from the hospital after treatment, corporate officials say.

The Charlotte Fire Department said 10 people were treated at the Wikoff Color plant in the 2800 block of Interstate Street, near Interstate 85 and the Billy Graham Parkway. The incident was reported about 2:30 p.m. Monday. Seven were taken by Medic to the hospital.

Art Dennis, a spokesman for Fort Mill, S.C.-based Wikoff Color, said those seven employees were released from the hospital Monday evening. He said the problem appeared to be carbon monoxide poisoning. “We are deeply concerned about the well-being of our employees, Dennis said. Steve Lyttle

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More
CharlotteObserver.com