at New York
7 p.m., Shuart Stadium,
Fox Sports South
The Hounds have won two straight games and have a chance to grab a share of third place in the Major League Lacrosse standings with a win Saturday. … The Lizards have lost their past two. They are tied for fifth in the league standings with Charlotte, Boston and Ohio. … Hounds attacker Matt Danowski, one of the team’s four MLL All-Star Game picks, is one goal shy of 150 in his MLL career, and six assists away from 100. … Rookie attacker Justin Ward has nine assists in three games, and is eighth in the league in that category. … Charlotte long-stick midfielder Ryan Flanagan is sixth in the league in ground balls with 34, while faceoff specialist Tim Fallon is 10th with 30. … The Lizards’ Greg Gurenlian has won 60 percent of his faceoffs (111 of 185). Bill Kiser
Subscribe to The Charlotte
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.