Charlotte-area residents now have a new option for reaching the Carolinas coast.
The Queen City-Coastal Connector bus line began Charlotte-to-Wilmington service on Tuesday, operating one run daily to and from the coast. The bus has stops in seven cities along the way.
The Queen City-Coastal Connector actually is an extension of a line that previously ran between Charlotte and Fayetteville, according to the N.C. Department of Transportation. Horizon Coach Lines will operate the service, with a grant from the N.C. DOT.
After leaving Charlotte, the bus makes stops in Monroe, Wadesboro, Rockingham, Laurinburg, Fayetteville, Lumberton, and Whiteville before reaching Wilmington.
The bus leaves Charlotte each day at 3:45 p.m. and reaches Wilmington at 9:50 p.m. Westbound service begins in Wilmington at 7:20 a.m. and reaches Charlotte at 1:20 p.m.
Bus fare is $57 one way between Charlotte and Wilmington, with a $10 discount for children (ages 2-11), adults 62 and older, students with identification, and people with physical disabilities. The Charlotte stop is at the bus station at 601 West Trade Street.
For details, check www.ncdot.gov/nctransit.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.