The hot July weather brings plenty of cool deals:
Fourth of July deals
• Boston Market is offering family meals at half price on Independence Day.
• Lowe’s Home Improvement is giving a 10 percent discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service.
• Active, inactive or retired U.S. service members with a valid military I.D. get free admission to Carowinds Friday and Saturday.
• Catch a free, family-friendly concert at Blakeney, Birkdale Village or Stonecrest shopping centers.
Other July deals
• It’s National 7-11 day on July 11, and 7-Eleven convenience stores are serving up free Slurpees.
• July 11 is also National Cow Appreciation Day. Wear your cow costume to Chick-fil-A and get a free meal.
• Celebrate National Cheesecake Day June 30 with half-off a slice of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory.
• Shop now for great deals on outside furniture and grills, as well as shorts, bathing suits and T-shirts. Think about buying now for your child’s 2015 summer wardrobe.
• As soon as the Fourth of July is behind us, retailers will start gearing up for Back to School. But don't buy yet – better deals await.
• The produce aisles are exploding with deals on seasonal items such as tomatoes, melons, corn and berries. Now is a great time to freeze or can items.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less