Coffee Cool Down
By Claire Kuhlkin
Posted: Wednesday, Jul. 02, 2014
Step away from the Starbucks and try something local for your caffeine fix. The Lake Norman area is home to many top coffee shops with cool summer drinks to leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.Charlies
The newest shop of the bunch, Charlies has many cold drinks to offer. From iced coffee to protein shakes, theres something for everyone. Its current most popular drink? The iced mint or orange green tea, perfect for chilling out on a hot day. Cabbellas
Denvers oldest coffee shop, Cabbellas has a great selection of hot and cold beverages for anyone craving a cup of joe. One of their most popular--and delicious--summer drinks is the espresso frappe sweetened with coconut milk and made with almond milk and two shots extra dark espresso. Summit Coffee
This Davidson staple has been in the community since 1998, and their cozy and convivial atmosphere keeps people coming back for more. Their favorite drink? An old stand-by--a cup of simple black coffee. Pour one of their many delicious blends over ice and you have the perfect, classic summer pick me up.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.