Lincoln County authorities say they are having little success in the search for a 27-year-old woman who was reported missing more than five weeks ago.
Toasha Nicole Rice was last seen by family members May 26, when she got into a dark-colored four-door car with an unidentified white woman, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Detectives said family members and deputies have tried to contact Rice on her cellphone, but it appears to be turned off. Detectives said they went door-to-door last week on Palm Tree Drive, an area that investigators said Rice frequents, but they did not learn anything about her whereabouts.
Detectives said Rice was known to frequent areas of drug use in Gastonia, Lincoln County and McDowell County. She goes by the name of Nikki Green on Facebook and is described as a white female, 5 feet 6 and 140 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair.
“Ms. Rice is a creature of habit and always contacted a family member on a daily basis,” sheriff’s Lt. Tim Johnson said. “She has not been heard from since the day she left.”
Anyone with information about Rice’s whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office, 704-732-9050, or Crime Stoppers, 704-736-8909.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.