Here’s a chance to take your doodling up a notch. The CreoPop pen lets you make 3-D designs as you draw.
The pen uses a polymer that cures on contact with light. As you draw in the air and squeeze the toothpaste-like “ink” out of the pen, it hardens to form a small figure.
CreoPop’s maker outstripped the $40,000 fund-raising goal it set, raising over $67,000 so far. Backers can buy pen sets, which start at $79 and come with five ink cartridges.
While 3-D printers rely on some sort of model or blueprint, the pen is more like an art brush. “You need to create it, slowly, step by step and assemble it bit by bit,” said CreoPop marketing leader Andreas Birnik.
Because CreoPop ink is cool, doodlers can pick up their creations as they build on them. www.creopop.com.
Hayley Tsukayama, Washington Post
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.