Orlando, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Philadelphia 76ers guard Pierre Jackson suffered a potentially serious injury to his right Achilles tendon during the team's first game of the Orlando Summer League.
Jackson sustained the injury during the first half of Philadelphia's game against the Orlando Magic on Saturday. The Orlando Sentinel reported that the initial diagnosis is that Jackson ruptured the tendon and is undergoing further evaluation.
The Baylor product was selected 42nd overall by Philadelphia in the 2013 draft but immediately traded to New Orleans. The Sixers re-acquired Jackson from the Pelicans during this year's draft in exchange for the 47th pick, which New Orleans used to take Louisville guard Russ Smith.
Jackson spent most of last season playing for the Idaho Stampede of the NBA Development League, where he averaged 29.1 points and 6.2 assists over 31 games.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.