Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are continuing their investigation into a two-vehicle wreck that killed a motorcyclist Friday evening in southeast Charlotte.
Authorities identified the victim on Saturday. Vincent Bernard Johnson Sr., 21, of Charlotte, was killed when his 2006 Suzuki motorcycle collided with a 2004 Cadillac Deville driven by a another 21-year-old man, police said.
The crash was reported shortly before 7 p.m. on Wendover Road at Marvin Road, between Randolph and Monroe roads. The driver of the Cadillac was not injured, police said.
Investigators said Johnson was southbound on Wendover Road and collided with the northbound Cadillac as the car was turning onto Marvin Road. Police said they don’t believe alcohol was involved but said speed appears to have been a factor. They did not say which of the vehicles might have been speeding.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to call detectives at 704-336-3229.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.