Saturday’s rainy weather put a delay on ribbon-cutting ceremonies for the new canoe and kayak launch facilities on the Rocky River in Cabarrus County.
Officials with the Carolina Thread Trail and the town of Midland said they have rescheduled the event for 10 a.m. Aug. 2. The Riverbend site is a 1-mile trail and boat launch facility at Riverbend Farm in Midland. It is at 12150 McManus Road, about a mile east of N.C. 24/27 and U.S. 601.
The facility is the southernmost access point for canoers and kayakers on the Rocky River in Cabarrus County. It is 4.5 miles downstream from a launch that opened in March at the Pharr Family Preserve Trail in Midland.
Both sites are part of the Carolina Thread Trail’s Rocky River Blueway, a planned 50-mile network of launches along the Rocky River.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.