CLOVER Warrants have been issued for a York County couple accused of fleeing to North Carolina after the man assaulted his girlfriend’s husband, pushing him down and hitting him in the head with a concrete block last week, according to deputies.
A Clover man, 49, told deputies Wednesday that a 50-year-old man from Rock Hill pushed him onto the ground and threw a concrete block at him, hitting him on the top of the head, according to a York County Sheriff’s report. The man then walked away. The man who said he was hit told deputies he was unsure why he had been assaulted, but he wanted to press charges.
A York County Sheriff’s K9 unit tried tracking the suspect, but deputies learned that his girlfriend picked him up. The woman, authorities say, is also the victim’s wife. Deputies realized the two men were fighting over the woman.
A family member told deputies that the woman picked the suspect up in her car and drove him to North Carolina. A magistrate issued warrants for both the suspect and the woman, but they had not been arrested by Sunday, according to court records.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less