ROCK HILL The second of two alleged robbers accused of beating a Rock Hill man and stealing his cell phone after they accused him of pilfering their drugs was arrested on Sunday, police said.
Police took Travonte Tate, 24, into custody Sunday evening, charging him with strong arm robbery and criminal conspiracy, according to Rock Hill police documents. Tates accused co-conspirator, Donquita Graham, was arrested last week.
On July 19, police were sent to an Ellen Avenue home after a man, 18, reported that he was robbed and assaulted, according to a Rock Hill police report. The victim told police two men beat him with their fists, resulting in cuts on his face and a swollen left eye. The assailants accused him of breaking into their Amelia Avenue home and stealing "their weed," the report states.
The suspects took the victim's $200 iPhone. The victim only knew the suspects by their nicknames.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.