A 25-year-old man was shot and critically injured Monday night in Mint Hill, police say.
Police said 26-year-old Sam Babb Clonts of Mint Hill was charged in the shooting. They said the incident followed an argument between Clonts and the victim, 25-year-old Aaron Brandon Allen of Mint Hill.
The shooting was reported shortly before 11:30 p.m. in the 10300 block of Brush Creek Lane. That is in a rural area off Blair Road, a short distance south of Interstate 485. The incident took place at the end of a narrow road.
Mint Hill police Lt. John Rowell said officers found the victim on the ground with several gunshot wounds. Mint Hill Paramedic Service rushed Allen to Carolinas Medical Center, where he was in critical condition Tuesday morning.
Rowell said officers found two people at the scene and took them in for questioning. Clonts later was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. The other man has not been charged.
Police said the victim and suspect knew each other.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.