Homicide detectives have named a third suspect in the June 9 slaying of a 22-year-old man in southwest Charlotte.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they are looking for Luis Alberto Ordonez-Vega, 35. They describe him as armed and dangerous.
He is being sought in connection with the June 6 slaying of Noel Navarro Hernandez, whose body was found in the 6400 block of Old Pineville Road. Police said Hernandez had been shot.
Investigators were puzzled over the identity of the victim for several days, but Hernandez was identified about 10 days after his death by a family member from Houston.
Christian Giovanni Pena, 18, was arrested June 9 and charged with accessory after the fact of a felony. A second suspect, Michael Javier Zelaya, 36, was arrested June 18 and charged with murder.
Police ask that anyone with information on Ordonez-Vega’s whereabouts contact detectives at 704-336-VCAT, or call 911.
Lyttle: 704-358-6107; Twitter: @slyttle
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.Read moreRead less