The Charlotte Knights game against the Durham Bulls on Thursday night was suspended because of rain with no outs and a 3-2 count on Jordan Danks in the bottom of the third inning. The Knights led 3-0.
The game will resume Friday at 6:05 p.m. before the regularly scheduled game at 7:05. Game 1 will go nine innings and Game 2 seven.
Those with tickets to Thursday’s game can exchange them for tickets to another 2014 game at equal or less value pending availability. Gates will open Friday at 5:30 p.m.
Micah Johnson got the Knights started in the first inning with a triple off of Durham starter Mike Montgomery. Johnson scored on a sacrifice fly by Danks.
Charlotte added two more runs in the second with a two-run home run by Michael Taylor – his fourth since joining the Knights – with Andy Wilkins aboard.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email email@example.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.