Save Money in this Sunday's paper

comments

No injuries in Hickory house fire

No injuries were reported Saturday morning when fire damaged a house in northwest Hickory, authorities say.

The fire was reported shortly before 5:30 a.m. at a single-family home in the 800 block of 6th Avenue Drive NW, according to Hickory fire officials. Crews found flames coming from the house when they responded.

Authorities said it took firefighters a little more than 20 minutes to put out the blaze. Damage was confined to the attic and exterior wall of the house, fire officials said. They said the blaze was accidental and caused by an electrical problem.

The American Red Cross provided help for the family displaced by the blaze.

Lyttle: 704-358-6107; Twitter: @slyttle
Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more



Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.

Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email local@charlotteobserver.com to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer.

  Read more


Quick Job Search
Salary Databases
Your 2 Cents
Share your opinion with our Partners
Learn More
CharlotteObserver.com