Here’s how your back-to-school shopping can help education:
• CVS will donate 1 percent of select Back To School supply purchases to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America through Aug. 23.
• Purchase specially marked Quaker products and enter the package codes at QuakerUpForClassrooms.com. For every code entered, Quaker will donate $1 to AdoptAClassroom.org. Plus, every shopper who enters a code will receive a $1 coupon.
• For every qualifying purchase you make, Office Depot will donate 5 percent in supplies to a school you select. Stores have list of eligible schools.
• Download the Great Clips Check-In app and they will donate to AdoptAClassroom.org.
• Register your Target Red Card credit or debit card at Target.com and Target will donate 1 percent of all purchases made at a store or at Target.com to your school.
The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all, but do keep it civil. Please refrain from profanity, obscenity, spam, name-calling or attacking others for their views.
Have a news tip? You can send it to a local news editor; email firstname.lastname@example.org to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Charlotte Observer. Read moreRead less
The Charlotte region is vast and diverse. The more voices engaged in conversation, the better for us all. The Charlotte Observer welcomes your comments on news of the day, but we ask that you keep the discourse civil.
- Do not use profanity or obscenities. And don't try to camouflage profanity with asterisks, abbreviations or other symbols or foreign phrases.
- Do not use threatening language. Talk of violence won't be tolerated.
- No racial, gender or sexual-orientation name-calling.
- Do not attack other commenters for their views. Do not libel or defame anyone or violate their privacy.
- Keep your comments succinct and stay on topic. Comments that bear no relation to the story may be deleted.
- Do not add images to your comments.
- Do not report comments as abusive simply because you disagree with them. Report them only if they violate these guidelines.
- Do not post spam or advertising of any kind.
- Do not post a comment using all capital letters.
We do not monitor each and every posting, but we reserve the right to block or delete comments that violate these rules.
You can help: Notify us of violations by hitting the "Report Abuse" link. Users who continue posting comments that violate these guidelines may, at our discretion, be blocked from submitting future comments as well.
And finally, as Mark Twain said: "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Enjoy the discussion.